Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Beginning of our GETAWAY!!!!!!!!!!







OK Mom and Dad have had the “Bee in their Bonnet” this entire year. Something about an anniversary.




I just know that it has disturbed my normal routine! However when they went at Christmas and in January I had a really warm place to go at the Spa and again in April. Then it turned very very hot and I don’t like very very hot, but they went to see Horsey Girl’s Dance Recital me in little Bro Spike were hauled off errrrrrrrrr taken to our favorite Spa and oooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh it was AC and wonderful. My girls love me and treat me with tender loving care. I had a bit of a tummy ache and don’t like their food all that much, why can’t they understand I like HAM AND BISCUITS for breakfast! Sigh…… oh well.

Mom and dad did get to see Horsey girl transformed in to a ballerina for the night!



And then……….then……… guess who arrived . heheheheheheh “Annoying” herself.. HEY WAIT JUST A GARSH DARN MINUTE HERE, we have to share quarters??????????




Lil Bro doesn’t care; he’s got all the luxury he can stand!


Oh well, must be important so I’ll let Mom take over:)



Busy weekend to see Caroline perform so beautifully in her recital and visit with Suzy. Loved her Gator! I had the cutest picture of her in it but my card is lost in her house and she hasn’t found it :(

After a rush home Sunday morning, we went to bed to get good and rested! Monday we tried to have all things packed for our big “get away” to NYC! Everything wasn’t packed but it was laying in order and all we had to do was wash some clothes and throw them in, make some mad dashes to places and hurry hurry home to bed early again. WITH………………. A side trip to the dentist because Brownie’s tooth ache that he had the week before didn’t get “better” His face is all swollen!
Alarm was off at 5:15 and we were totally out of here by 6:00


during rush hour of course,
which is some kind of record. Cuz I’m married to some one that I swear goes back to shampoo the rug or paint a closet while I wait in the car :)
Poor Brownie did have a terrible tooth and didn’t sleep well because of it. Our Drive in was quite uneventful. I just wanted SO badly for the meds to start working on an abscessed tooth!
Park and the “Fly Away” on M’boro Road.. GREAT idea. They took us right to the Delta check in. I remembered I HAD to call the car service in NY. Did that …taken care of!
$25 a bag for check in. SO irritating. But Southwest’s fares have gone up so unless you’re not checking bags it’s the same fare. Thru security no problem, found our gate and there we sat for well over an hour.
See how thrilled I am about taking off my shoes :)

Snack food & crossword puzzels!



We were loaded on time but this is a little “sub” Delta plane and they “check” carry on’s at the gate and wee were delayed a little so they could put luggage in every crook and cranny!


The plane trip seemed long. Pretzels and drink. Cloudy most of the way.
Exciting to look down and SEE NEW YORK! We’ve flown over it before going to Boston, but not the same.





JFK is a very old air port. We took a long time to get luggage then went to help desk to call for our car. Turban man picked us up :-) The first glimpse of Manhattan is SO exciting. It is a city of energy!




we didn’t get to hotel until 4:00 PM. We were tired and HUNGRY. Rush hour.
The Hampton Inn Times Square South is where we stayed. Everything is very tight and close together but it was a lovely place and they were very nice.

To say our Hotel room is tiny is an understatement. It’s a large closet with a bathroom!


But you only use it to bathe and sleep so who cares?... This is our view :)


Went off to explore for food!.. If you want Italian you have NO problem. We found a wonderful oneTrattoria Casa Di Isacco and the man who owned it was delightful, his name was Isaac.

He was from Barcelona Spain:) but said he spoke fluent Italian!
Food and wine was delicious but it takes too long to eat like that. We wanted to eat and get back and plan our day. If we had wanted just a nice meal it would have been fantastic!
Finally back. No tub so showered and bed! BUT WE ARE IN NYC!

4 comments: