Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas at the Spa~ ahhhhhhh

Hello PEEPS! It's me Penny the Wonderdog...Protector of Emmett Stone Lane and Mom's best friend!

I knew something was up the day before Christmas Eve because there was all sorts of Hustling and Busseling as soon as Dad got home from work and when he opened the door, I saw suitcases!!!! That means one thing to me.. THE SPA THE SPA, one of my most favorite places in the world to be.

Now I had heard rumors from Dad and Mom and all sorts of despair about something to do with "baby sitting" us! HELLO we don't DO babysitters! But our Dear Spa Keeper saved the day and they found room for us :)

First there is always the little issue of "Lil Bro" Spike. That boy hates his carrier, he hates going to the spa, he just has a really really bad attitude!




So before ANYTHING else was done Dear Ole Dad tackled that boy and into the carrier he went and that strange sound he emits began. I might insert here that the sound continued for the better part of a week! It's really hard to describe. Something like a lion under his breath with a pillow over his head!

And very soon after Lil Bro was deposited in the truck, Dad loaded me up and off we went!!!! SPIKE.. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU.. I love my girls, I love my friends, it was warm it was cozy!
And this time did not disappoint me in the least.. In fact I got a whole spa treatment on the day I left. I'm very special:) and my report card reflected that.

The only objection I had at all was it was a long time this time, longer then I've ever been away from Emmett Stone Lane and I know my people need me!

But Dad did come and rescued Spike first thing in the morning and he got me at noon and brought Little Bitty along to help.

It was really really good to get home and I was very excited but I know dear ole dad will always come and get me:)


After scouting out the neighborhood Mom let me come in and she had the fire place on and ahhhhhhhhhh heaven!

But when I went outside to visit all of my people on Emmett Stone Lane, I discovered that my walkers had gone to Florida for the winter!!!!!! I MISSED SAYING GOODBYE~
And there was ALL KINDS of activity across the road with my most favorite neighbors. Lots of RV loading and pushing and pulling and backing up and all that stuff!

I went to converse with them about the whole situation but they were very busy so I just stayed at one of my look out posts and watched.

And then that night I was back in my WONDERFUL warm cozy stinky blanketed IGLOO! Dad had the heater blowing right on me :)

And the next morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE GONE!!!!!!!! My favorite neighbors had left for Texas while I was sleeping :(

I am so sad.. Now we have to face this long winter without them.
I spent most of my day laying just as close to mom's deck door as I could get and slipped in whenever she let me ~

And Little Bro spent his day surveying the back yard for invisible things. He scares the socks off of Mom when he jumps up there :)


OOOOOOOOO and before I forget it "Annoying" got a new plaid coat cuz she might catch a chill!!!!!!! I COULD JUST SPIT! and when Dad is gone she spends the whole day on the back of his chair gazing at the driveway. Makes mom crazy~

Just look at that face..just look at it.. it oozes ANNOYING!


So all is getting back to normal. I have heard that "Precious" and "Rowdy" have a new canine family member.. hmmmmmm.. not sure how I feel about this. I think she's too big for me to just step on her.
I am still queen of this family and NOBODY better forget that!

2 comments:

  1. We won't forget Penny! You've been mighty busy lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny will always be queen. Diggy is happy to be a princess:)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete