Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday/Bonnaroo 2009



Well here they are again arriving for Bonnaroo. This is the aerial picture taken today, a couple hours later we had a very big thunderstorm. ....... Soooooooo I have a feeling there are a whole lot of muddy people out there tonight. If you don't know what it is Google it. http://www.bonnaroo.com/


My thoughts on Bonnaroo. I really love that our little home town of Manchester has this festival. It brings the town and the county a lot of money and it allows a whole lot of charitable work to take place and raise money. I was reading in the paper today that the baseball coach at our county high school, doesn't know how they could operate right now without Bonnaroo. Everyone who is a legitimate fundraiser has an opportunity to be out there and working and raising money.


We have a state of the art Skate Board Park that Bonnaroo built. Last year the owner's of "Bonnaroo" bought the 700 acres that they had been leasing for 6 or 7 years. Manchester is now in the process of building some Soccer fields there and hopefully build a permanent stage that other concerts etc. can be use the facilities.


Having said all that, I have a small suggestion for the People that put on Bonnaroo. Please PLEASE sell day tickets instead of only the 3 day event that cost's at least $250 each. Every year part if not all of our family has managed to get in with wrist band passes etc. but this year they are very hard to come by and no one can afford those tickets in our family. I really hate that the kids can't go(adult kids!) and I really don't think they would lose money, in fact I think they would make more money if they sold locals ONLY day tickets.. None of the local people really want to go out there and sleep in that mud and misery(well some of them may) But every year there is at least one group that some of them would love to see but $250 are out of reach. I think this is the first year they do not expect to sell out but I think they would if they would let us just go for a day price. (there are already 60,000 there so it's not losing money)

It's been a complaint from the first year but so far it has gone unheeded :(


My only suggestion.. Otherwise I love that we have Bonnaroo and I love seeing the kids arrive. This is a picture from a few years ago, I think that Daniel took.


1 comment:

  1. I am listening to Bonnaroo type music & pretending I am there.....I live in a town of losers......just kidding....nobody has heard of it....but then again remember where I am at ;-)

    ReplyDelete